Bulletin Board: April 3rd
Trader Joe closed out Q1 in style, completing all three installments of Tokenomics V2 — rJOE, sJOE, and veJOE. It was a huge month for the Avalanche community, with a week-long summit held in Barcelona, full of warmth and celebration. Now, we set our sights on Q2, first up is the much-anticipated deployment of the JOEPEG marketplace.
The deployment of veJOE is the final key piece for Tokenomics V2. With the deployment of veJOE we introduce ‘Boost Farms’ onto the Trader Joe platform. Boost Farms are the same existing Farms as before, however, 40% of the JOE Rewards are now reserved exclusively for veJOE Stakers. This change rewards Farmers who Stake their JOE into veJOE, rather than just selling their JOE.
In addition to veJOE Boosts, there is a veJOE Accrual Boost that can be unlocked by staking more than 5% of your JOE every 15 days. This mechanism provides a constant incentive to continually stake new JOE.
Since deploying veJOE over 26m (~12%) JOEs are now staked and ‘locked’ into veJOE and we see more JOE being staked into veJOE than being emitted on a daily basis.
veJOE: Boost your Farm Yields
- Stake JOE into veJOE to earn veJOE over time. veJOE applies a Boost APR to selected Farms. The higher your veJOE Share the higher your share of the Boost Rewards.
veJOE: The Joe Wars have Started
- Competing protocols will start to lock up JOE tokens in an effort to offer the best yields to their users.
- Our long-time friends Yield Yak have started to ‘Diamond Hands’ their JOE Tokens and have so far nearly hit the 100,000 veJOE Milestone.
- We expect the JOE Wars to heat up soon, with expected entrants from Vector Finance and Steak Hut Finance.
- Checkout the veJOE Farms offered by Yield Yak here:
How to veJOE
Start boosting your Farm rewards today and watch this instructional video of how to To learn more about veJOE you can watch this instructional video
sJOE has been incredibly popular since launching, with nearly 85m JOE Staked (41% of circulating JOEs). To protect existing stakers from continued dilution, we have activated a 1% fee for all new deposits into sJOE Staking. This fee will be deducted from the JOEs that have been deposited and will be kept in the Treasury.
- This deposit fee can scale higher up to a maximum of 3%
- Users have the option to stake into sJOE via partner protocols that may offer auto-compounding sJOE Vaults
- Following Hopper’s 10K NFT collection mint-out, the Rocket Joe launch was a resounding success!
- A double reward $FLY / $AVAX farm is currently live, with rewards in $FLY + $JOE
- To learn how to play, visit this link: https://hoppers-game.gitbook.io/hoppers-game/about/hoppers-game
- Stay tuned for news, more launches coming soon
- Certora has completed the primitive’s 3rd audit
- Certora Audit: https://github.com/traderjoe-xyz/rocket-joe/blob/main/audit/audit_certora.pdf
- Ackee Blockchain has completed sJOE and veJOE audits
- Ackee Blockchain Audit: https://764859236-files.gitbook.io/~/files/v0/b/gitbook-x-prod.appspot.com/o/spaces%2F-MYTkRFOHO4K48zVLh8x-2910905616%2Fuploads%2FZPtC0xhgnsXE8pxHSvL0%2Ftokenomicsv2_audit.pdf?alt=media&token=cea969cb-ddbf-4bde-ac59-bc6526877224
- The $HAT front-end has finally been deployed!
- Total Supply: 150 HAT Tokens
- 1 $HAT token can be exchanged and burnt for 1 physical HAT
- Now listed on CoinGecko: https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/joe-hat-token
- Trade now: https://traderjoexyz.com/trade
- Swap Hat: https://hat.traderjoexyz.com/#/
The Avalanche Summit
- Trader Joe enjoyed seeing many of you at the 1st annual summit held in Barcelona, Spain.
- The team gave a well-received Rocket Joe presentation on the Mainnet Stage.
- Trader Joe merchandise proved to be hugely popular. Stay tuned for Trader Joe’s brand new merch store.Frens Party
- The Frens Party, in partnership with Avax Husky, was a sell-out success
- Big thanks to our sponsors: Yield Yak, Benqi, FIEF, Avalaunch, Platypus, Aave Grants DAO, Crabada, Kanaloa, Wyre, Firat, Delta, Hubble Exchange, Arrow and EMDX.
- Congratulations to Ava Labs and Avalanche for organizing such a memorable event!
- Co-Founder CryptoFish and Quant Liquid Wawa discussed Tokenomics, the JOEPEG Marketplace, Joe V2 Research, and answered our communities questions.
- You can listen the full AMA here
- Trader Joe’s brand new NFT Marketplace will launch in early Q2
- Primary features include a state-of-the-art NFT launchpad and superior quality UX/UI our users are familiar with on the existing platform
- We are excited to welcome our first three launch-partners: Firat, Swarms and The Person
- Trader Joe’s first official NFT collection will be released shortly after opening of the Marketplace.
Battle of the Blockchains
- Trader Joe has partnered with Relay Chain, to bring you the first bridge based on-chain NFT gaming project.
- Listen to our recent Twitter Space with the team here: https://twitter.com/botb_game/status/1509612164486778880
- Trader Joe and Degis will explore the possibilities of providing full protection to Trader Joe users
- Degis is the next-generation all-in-one protection protocol, the first on Avalanche.
- For more information, follow the link: https://degis.medium.com/partnership-with-trader-joe-announcement-277b7bd701e0
- Users can now deposits and withdrawal $JOE via AVAX C-chain
- View the Fiat trading pair here: https://crypto.com/price/joe
- Visit https://crypto.com/ to get started.
- Trader Joe has partnered with VALK to offer Merlin. Merlin is a highly accessible portfolio management tool, allowing deep analysis of transactional data. Users can check historic asset pricing, PnL for tokens, Total Gains/Losses including gas fees all on a user friendly dashboard.
- More news on this coming soon!
- Follow VALK Here: https://twitter.com/valktech
Hubble Exchange: Investment
- Trader Joe is proud to announce an investment into @HubbleExchange
- Hubble is an innovative decentralized platform for trading perpetual futures, deployed exclusively on #Avalanche
Coinbase Wallet: Docs
- We’ve recently updated our docs to include support for installing and setting up the Coinbase Wallet (Desktop and mobile).
- Check out the docs page here: https://docs.traderjoexyz.com/main/welcome/joes-guide-to-avalanche/coinbase-wallet
- Build a veJOE boost calculator using React by April 15th 2022
- The first 5 submissions will receive $1K each and the top 2 implementations will share a $10K prize pot.
- How would you explain the JOE Tokenomics using an Infographic?
- 1. veJOE Infographic: Design an infographic that clearly explains and articulates: veJOE Staking
- 2. JOE Token Ecosystem Infographic • Design an infographic that provides a high level overview of rJOE, sJOE and veJOE
- Bounty pool for each category: $500 ($300 for winning entry and $100 x2 for 2nd/3rd)
Join Trader Joe’s discord for more details
- The folks over at MBApes put together this research report on Trader Joe, a full deep dive into the Platform, Fundamentals and Market position.
- Edwin posts regular informative content tracking a range of metrics and token data points for Trader Joe, give him a follow to get informed.
- Check out his veJOE Broadcast to get his own views on the latest tokenomics overhaul from Trader Joe
About Trader Joe
Trader Joe is a one-stop-shop decentralized trading platform native to the Avalanche blockchain. Trader Joe builds fast, securely and aims to serve the community at the frontier of DeFi. Maximize your yield generating activities under one fully integrated roof, providing you with a unique, innovative, and highly accessible DeFi experience.
Twitter | Discord | Telegram | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Facebook